Microsoft released initial details of forthcoming changes with the next release of Windows Phone, due later in 2011.
Key ideas are:
– Integration between the same conversation that’s happening across multiple apps (eg., text, Facebook chat, instant messaging).
– The ability to communicate quickly with a group.
– Multitasking, for switching between apps.
– Internet Explorer 9.
1. I like the concept of integrating conversation fragments from across multiple apps into a unified view. That’s an excellent user-centric change – the conversation is what matters, the apps are merely a pathway for having the conversation.
2. My current stance is that it’s game-over for Microsoft with Windows Phone. I have very good friends / colleagues who say there is still life in this horse. Time will tell.
Categories: Tools & Technologies