In the second to last session of the Working in Collaborative Environments Conference here in Auckland, Sarah Heal from Information Leadership is talking about the efficient use of SharePoint.
– Organizations around the world are moving towards integrated platforms for document management, records management, and collaboration. Also, SharePoint use is growing.
– The design when using SharePoint for collaboration, Web content management, document management, and records management are different.
– Need to hide the complexity behind the scenes, and make it possible for people to “do stuff” easily.
– You have to figure out how to bring SharePoint together for the users. What tools from the overall palette of tools are most relevant to particular users / groups?
– a combination of three architectures:
– … business architecture. Sarah sees there being 9 elements to this, eg., purpose, givens, cohesion, etc.
– … information architecture – which capabilities of SharePoint to use, and why?
– … change architecture – getting away from hats and balloons. More about user adoption.