I had a great talk with Dan earlier today, and he pointed me in the direction of Wiggio, a team collaboration service his students put him onto.
It offers a plethora of tools:
“– Create a private list-serv and web address for your group
– Host web meetings, conference calls, and chatrooms
– Manage events with a shared calendar
– Upload, create, and manage files in a shared folder
– Create to-do lists and assign tasks
– Send email, text and voice messages
– Poll your group in real time“
1. This is a crowded space – lots of products, services, vendors, and different takes on things. I’ve never heard of Wiggio previously.
2. The company is working on extending the service to mobile devices, such as the iPad. Apparently, the iPad app is coming soon.