Colligo Networks recently published a white paper, SharePoint, ECM, and Cloud Storage Adoption (PDF). The findings in the white paper come from a survey of over 750 SharePoint professionals – the survey base is important to remember when reading the results. It’s a 15-page white paper, but is very graph heavy.
- 65% of respondents said that SharePoint had been deployed “enterprise wide.” 22% said it was for “select departments.” See page 6.
- The most common departments for SharePoint were IT/Technical, Project Management, and Operations. The least common were Manufacturing, Accounting and Finance, and Legal/Administrative/Compliance. See page 7.
- Key business activities on SharePoint are (1) collaboration, (2) document management, (3) corporate Intranet / portal. In comparison to my survey, there was a much higher use of SharePoint for document management in the Colligo survey. See page 8.
- The respondents were split about their satisfaction with the level of user adoption; it was basically 50-50. See page 10. I guess it’s not all that subtle to say that more people should be reading my book!
- Colligo asked about ways of improving SharePoint user adoption, with “better/more end user training on SharePoint capabilities and features” being the most common suggestion. From my research, this is just one part of the required approach – for a quick overview, see my Four Stage Model on the Microsoft Get The Point blog.
I recommend you check out the Colligo white paper, for the full story.
Link: Colligo Networks
Categories: Adoption & Effective Use, Microsoft SharePoint, Tools & Technologies