I’ve been looking forward to this day for a long time — because I finally get to let you all in on a little secret. I’ve been a bit of a hermit for the past few months, apart from my trips to Australia and Europe, as I have been writing. The topic … user adoption strategies. The format … a book.
Some of you have experienced my previous work around user adoption:
– SharePoint for Business, a research report from 2007.
– Seamless Teamwork, my first book, published by Microsoft Press.
– Chapter 6 of SharePoint Roadmap for Collaboration, my second book.
– User Adoption Strategies: The Central Desktop Approach, a recent research report.
– User Adoption Strategies Governance Themes, part of the SharePoint Roadmap Governance Themes series.
And now a book dedicated to the topic.
A couple of notes:
– The focus of the book is not limited to SharePoint. It’s about user adoption strategies for collaboration tools.
– I have almost finished the manuscript, which will be 220-240 pages when done.
– D-day for the manuscript is April 30, then it’s off to the reviewers.
– The book has to go to the printer on May 14.
– The book will ship towards the end of May.
There are 11 chapters in the book.
– Chapter 1. Focusing on User Adoption is Critical
– Chapter 2. The Context for User Adoption Strategies
– Chapter 3. Change and New Ways of Working
– Chapter 4. The Four Stages of User Adoption
– Chapter 5. Winning Attention
– Chapter 6. Communicating the What
– Chapter 7. Enlivening the Why
– Chapter 8. Making It Real
– Chapter 9. Crafting Your User Adoption Approach
– Chapter 10. User Adoption for Advocates of the Old Way
– Chapter 11. Final Thoughts
I am really excited about this book. It’s been a dream for a long time to have it available, and it is almost ready. Woo-hoo!
To be one of the first in the world to get a copy, pre-order now at the book web site, www.useradoptionstrategies.com.