I’ve been in Singapore this week, mainly to present my Masterclass in SharePoint Collaboration and Governance by invitation of PebbleRoad and To The Point. Well, that was yesterday, and what a day it was!
– The masterclass was held at the Singapore Grant Hyatt. It was a beautiful facility, and the masterclass room was in the midst of many other busy little meetings and small conferences.
– There were 47 people at the masterclass! Wow. Some organisations sent multiple people; I think the record was 8 from one place.
– I really enjoyed talking through the ideas and concepts in the masterclass. Based on feedback over lunch, I added the Seamless Teamwork session during the afternoon, and before lunch added a session on third-party products.
– After carrying 57 copies of SharePoint Roadmap to Singapore, the suitcase felt quite empty (and light) after distributing all those books to the attendees.
– Notwithstanding having a great day, I was *exhausted* by the end of the day, and had to be careful how I spoke for the last 90 minutes. I felt like I was losing my voice, and had to watch it.
– Only a few people asked me to sign their books (each participant got both SharePoint Roadmap and Seamless Teamwork). I probably should have said that I was happy to sign them, if people wanted that.
Many thanks to everyone who came, for all the questions, for the examples and ideas from the participants. And many thanks to Maish (PebbleRoad) and Jeffrey (To The Point) for making this happen, and their gracious hospitality while I’ve been here.