The Technology Trends of Enterprise Collaboration and Virtual Teams
- LiquidPlanner introduced the beta of its online project management service. “LiquidPlanner’s three main areas of focus are task management, scheduling, and collaboration, all of which combined help you estimate your timelines and update progress on a project in a way that is customized for you.” Available immediately.
- Michael Dell shelled out $155 million to acquire MessageOne, an email continuity company co-founded by his brother. “MessageOne hosts software to help companies manage, store and recover enterprise-level e-mail.” MessageOne will be absorbed into Dell Global Services.
- Gordano released Version 15 of the Gordano Messaging Suite. “The new release of GMS re-invents GMS WebMail, a flexible WebMail client that is fully featured and offers a familiar and intuitive interface similar to a high-end desktop client. Shared calendars, folders, tasks and notes are available, with excellent interoperability with Outlook, providing a range of access options to suit all tastes.“
- Microsoft unveiled a partnership with Cbeyond, for office and mobile email for SMB customers. “The package includes hardware and air time for mobile phone service, local and long-distance phone service, T-1 broadband Internet access, and, now, enterprise-class e-mail based on hosted Microsoft Exchange. The service is available today in Atlanta with future service planned for Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, San Diego and San Francisco.“
- Synchronica announced Version 3.5 of Mobile Gateway, its mobile email and synchronization server. Adds support for Microsoft Exchange 2007 and Sun Java Communications Suite 5. “Using the open standards Push IMAP and SyncML, Mobile Gateway 3.5 integrates with the native email and synchronization clients built into more than 1.5 billion devices from all major handset manufacturers like Sony Ericsson, Palm, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola.“
- ProjectSpaces added document version control and full text search to its web-based collaboration services.
- Central Desktop released a new pricing matrix.
Insights on Being Productive and Effective as an Individual
- If you want to get more done, make your time top-heavy. Work on the most strategic and difficult things first, leaving the less important and immediate things for later.
- Just as the way we think about ourselves define who we are, so the tools we use can restrict or release your thinking.
- If you want to have a better day, ensure that you start it right. Peter has 10 ideas on how to do so, such as rising earlier, taking time to plan the day ahead, doing exercise, and eating a healthy breakfast.
- Zoli argues that Windows Live FolderShare has a fundamental design glitch … machines that are synchronizing files by peer-to-peer have to sign onto a Web server in order to work.
- Mark Forster, author of Do It Tomorrow, is holding two seminars in March related to the principles in his book.
- Be careful about using these three indecisive phrases: “Let me think about it”, “Let’s get together sometime”, and “Interesting”. Matt outlines when and where you can use each too.
Other Noteworthy Insights
- You have eat the dogfood of others, not just your own. “Imagine if they did. Imagine what the marketing and engineering people would learn. They would learn the good, the bad and the ugly, not just about their competitors’ products, but more importantly, they’d learn the good, the bad and the ugly about their own products when they contrast them to competitive offerings.“
- Camera quadpod, that’s small enough for being on your keyring.
- Ernie loves his new MacBook Air.
Categories: Industry Updates