- Murray on Commitment … “Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.” 43Folders, with additional commentary from Laura
- Wishing vs. Doing … Chris outlines about two things that hold us back from accomplishing goals: (a) seeking permission from “they”, and (b) wishing rather than doing it. [chrisbrogan.com]
- Life Priorities … Eric reproduces a great diagram from Zig Ziglar that highlights the need to balance priorities across all areas of our lives. Eric Mack
- Six Thoughts … Gordon quotes Edith Lovejoy Pierce, “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day“, and shares six thoughts for starting the ‘first chapter’. You’ve got to read them … Gordon Whyte
- 12 Ways to Feel More Free in 2007 … Pam’s got a list of 12 ways in which we can feel more free in 2007, starting with (1) freedom from comparing yourself to others, (2) freedom from unhealthy relationships, and (3) freedom from regret. Good thought starters, indeed. Escape from Cubicle Nation
- Four Steps to Reduced Distraction … Jeremy’s developed his 2007 strategy for reducing distraction: (1) unsubscribing from unnecessary mailing lists, (2) exiting the browser at the end of the day, (3) limiting blog reading to once a day, and (4) try harder to say no. Jeremy Zawodny. Anne has some alternate perspectives on Jeremy’s moves, however.
- IdeaMason … Wow, this looks like a neat Windows-based tool for writers, researchers and thinkers. A new version is due to be released later this month. IdeaMason
Categories: Industry Updates