- Build a real foundation and solid understanding. Don’t start with “little bits.”
- Go with multiple learning pathways at the same time. It will reinforce what you are learning.
- Once you have a solid foundation, go deep. Get the ultimate resource in the field, and go through it carefully.
- Write down everything new you are learning, and make flashcards for yourself. It will help with creating long-term memory.
- Do it the hard way. Pay the price of learning whatever you are learning thoroughly. Avoid shortcuts.
- Put what you are learning to practical use.
What strategies do you use for learning something new?