Microsoft announced the release of several add-ins and the signing of new partners for Outlook and Outlook.com, in line with its strategy of making Outlook a more productive and effective place to work and play.
Today, we are pleased to announce new partnerships with Evernote, Yelp, IFTTT and Wunderlist to deliver solutions for both consumer and commercial Outlook users. Additionally, the Uber, PayPal, Evernote and Boomerang add-ins are beginning to roll out today. We’re excited about how partners are enhancing the Outlook experience through this integration.
The partner add-ins enable people to:
– Uber – set up an Uber ride reminder for any calendar event, which automagically links with the Uber app for a one swipe confirmation at the right time.
– Paypal – send money to others from within Outlook, using the Paypal add-in.
– Evernote – while in an Outlook email, select notes from Evernote to send with the message. Outlook emails can also be clipped into Evernote.
– Boomerang – for managing when emails are sent, setting reminders, and sharing calendar availability within an email.
– IFTTT – for automating tasks and alerts in Outlook and Outlook.com.
– Yelp – for finding nearby restaurants or coffee shops for a dinner or meeting, all within Outlook.
– Wunderlist – for creating to-dos in Wanderlist from inside Outlook.
Outlook is no stranger to add-ins; partners have been building them for years. Microsoft clearly sees this as something to keep investing in, and indeed, the integrations above (and others already in market) provide new and simple ways of being more productive.
Microsoft is delivering the future of mail.
– HBR, Microsoft’s Bid to Make Outlook More than Email
Categories: Tools & Technologies