In the third to final session time of the Australian conference (and the second to last for me, as I have a flight to catch), Mark Allison from Webtrends is talking about employee engagement and user adoption.
– Webtrends have been in business for 20 years. The original web analytics firm. Have 4000 customers globally. Microsoft recently asked Webtrends to develop a specific analytics tool for SharePoint. Have about 400 customers on this now, including Microsoft.
– employee engagement – a measure of the employee’s positive or negative emotional attachment to their job / colleagues / organizations. Aspects include professional growth, leadership, work satisfaction, etc.
– online collaboration is growing. Businesses see this as important.
– employee engagement is very important – from Gartner – organizations with high levels of employee engagement outperform the earnings of peers by 57%.
– typical benefits of better engagement – better innovation, more efficiency
– why measure? To increase adoption, to understand investment in SharePoint, aligning SharePoint usage to business goals.
– using Webtrends, there is very granular usage and navigation path data available.
– need – the feedback loop – from seeing actual SharePoint statistics to then improve and develop SharePoint solutions. Can be used for internal communications, internal marketing, project collaboration, etc.
– Mark said Webtrends can do a whole lot of measurement tasks.
– case study – Brightstarr. Wanted to created a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing within the organization. Using Webtrends, looked where traffic came from; quite a bit from outside the US. Some improvements were introduced to happen as a result of using Webtrends.
I have some questions coming out of this session (due to the chapter on Measuring Adoption in User Adoption Strategies 2nd Ed. (2012)). I need to explore further.