Versly announced itself to the world and opened up a private beta. The company says the following about its new service:
– “Follow relevant conversations and tasks right from within Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, email, and mobile devices.“
– “Versly syncs your docs to the cloud so the people you share with are always working off the latest version. Even better, if two people are editing at the same time we make it easy to merge your changes.“
– “Share a document with anyone in your address book and let them comment and update docs right from their inbox without ever having to register.“
The company is hiring a client / app developer too.
1. There are a variety of other vendors that claim to offer capabilities that do some of / all of these things.
2. It all comes down to the execution of the ideas in a tightly specified service offering … which then lays the foundation for adoption (or not). Eg., the ease of merging changes from multiple people – could be great, could be a nightmare (as it is currently). Eg., sync to mobile devices – what exactly does that mean, and how does it feel when you do it – could be great, could be a nightmare.
3. Time will tell if Versly is on to something great, or is just another me-too player.
Categories: Tools & Technologies