Central Desktop released Common Ground, a new collaboration solution for marketing agencies:
“Central Desktop, provider of the industry-leading cloud-based social collaboration platform for businesses, today announced the availability of its CommonGround edition, a new collaboration solution designed to help marketing agencies maximize billing hours and increase client retention. Common Ground is built on Central Desktop’s award-winning collaboration platform and is the first solution on the market to integrate an online review and approve process for creative files. Common Ground features a complete suite of tools that enables internal and external teams to streamline creative and operational processes, facilitate social collaboration, share files and centralize communication.“
1. As I’ve said before on this blog, I have long been impressed with what Central Desktop has developed over the past 5 years.
2. There’s a clear difference between offering a generic platform that can be tailored by a specific client to a specific need / opportunity, and offering a targeted product that’s been designed specifically with a set of clients in mind. Central Desktop has long offered the first, and is now moving into the second. It will be interesting to see what comes next.
3. There are a bunch of features in Common Ground that are contextualized for marketing agencies, using language they use in their common day-to-day work. Common Ground is available in two editions – Essentials and Elite.
4. It will be interesting to watch how this develops and matures over time.
5. To learn more about Common Ground, see commongroundmarketing.com.