Pearson has developed a site (built on Jive) to host its global directory and online collaboration and communication space with sophisticated search capabilities to support communities of practice and innovation across Pearson. The Enterprise Community Manager (ECM) will work with the Project Team to customise the site to Pearson’s requirements ready for launch to the global community Q1, 2011. Post launch, the ECM will be responsible for the on-going management of the site and communities, working with the Program manager and Community Managers to mature the site and progress its usage.
- Evangelize and educate Pearson on the value and use of online social communities
- Develop methodology for the launch and growth of the community strategy
- With the Program Manager, lead the integration of content into the community from existing corporate sites
- With the Technology Director develop integration points with existing applications and improvements to the user interface
- Coordinate acceptance testing with all communities
- Coordinate the development and delivery of new content for the community site
- Act as ‘go-to’ person for on-boarding new, strategic communities
- Lead the Champions group by providing orientation, mentorship and support
- Monitor adoption activity and ensure action is taken when activity is below expectations
- Manage the help/about space content and monitor and answer questions as they arise
- Seed and develop best practice materials about using the community
- Monitor communities, encourage membership, facilitate discussions and coordinate the application of governance standards with individual community managers
- Flag to senior management and respond to online discussions or inquiries that should receive a response from the organization
- Track and report on site activity, proactively offer solutions based on reporting
For more information, download the job description PDF file (includes how to register interest).