In Chapter 4 of my book, SharePoint Roadmap for Collaboration, I outline a decision process for making governance decisions related to using SharePoint for collaboration. I think it’s the right approach, but many people I speak with want more details!
The SharePoint for Collaboration: Governance Themes Workbook is my answer. It gives much more detail on the different themes, and includes analysis of what other firms are doing with each theme. It is, however, a work-in-progress.
The Workbook explores the following themes:
– Site Creation Strategy … (Nov09) Take the Survey!
– Site Location Policy
– Template Standardization
– Site Collection for Collaboration
– Site Closure Policy
– Third-Party Product Usage
– Training Strategy
– … and more (to be determined).
The final workbook will be 150-200 pages, with lots more detail!
– Take the Survey for the Site Creation Strategy theme.
– Read how to get your copy of the Workbook.
Categories: Michael's Books, Microsoft SharePoint, Tools & Technologies