Contents at a Glance
– Quick Links
– IBM released new software and services for mobile devices, including the Mobility@Work consulting service, and various technology solutions.
– Zion Software released JBuddy XMPP Gateway, for linking XMPP-based instant messaging systems to public IM networks.
– PeopleCube and Notify Technology announced iPhone support for Meeting Maker, PeopleCube’s calendaring offering.
– Dell released new laptops with up to 19 hours of battery life, claiming that customer collaboration was a key in designing the new machines.
– HyperOffice introduced HyperMeeting, an online meeting tool. “HyperMeeting supports integrated audio, online application sharing, presentations, file sharing, whiteboard, network-based recording, remote control, and other built-in tools. Unlike other online meeting services where only the presenter controls the meeting, any HyperMeeting attendee may share any desktop, switch on the built-in recording capabilities and control other meeting functions.“
– MindTouch announced an integration with ScreenSteps for documenting software for training and having that published into MindTouch Deki. See ScreenSteps.
– HSBC Holdings is looking at rolling at the iPhone to 200,000 to 300,000 users, and dropping the BlackBerry.
Categories: Industry Updates