The Technology Trends of Enterprise Collaboration and Virtual Teams
- NewsGator released a free edition of its RSS Enterprise Server, for up to 20 users. “This has been a very successful product for us, but the fact remains that we’ve been selling it into the global 2000 segment and not really paying attention to the SME market. It’s not likely that we will ramp up a dedicated SME initiative any time so making the 20 user version available gives smaller companies something they can use and as their requirements and users expand we can upsell them.” See NewsGator for the details.
- Research In Motion: others will continue to follow its lead. “Now Research In Motion is driving change on yet another level — by proving that corporate folks aren’t the only ones willing to pay handsomely for wireless email. Its consumer-focused devices have been a hit, and now RIM is boldly extending its reach into other consumer niches such as those that prefer touch-screen interfaces. If the past is any indication, I’m betting that other companies will continue to follow RIM’s lead, rather than the other way around.“
- TELUS released Outlook Voice Access, for phone access to receiving and sending email. “The new service is part of the company’s growing suite of enhanced unified communications tools designed for small and midsize businesses. To ensure sensitive data is safe, the tools are secured with network segmentation, multiple layers of protection, Cisco’s IronPort enterprise e-mail and Web security gateway appliances, and are hosted by TELUS Internet Data Centers.“
- EMC talked about its roadmap for content and collaboration in Documentum. “Documentum and other products will develop with an emphasis on the idea of a single virtual archive repository for multiple forms of content, including email and database, and the addition of collaboration facilities for sharing archive content.” There is also Web 2.0 functionality coming.
Insights on Being Productive and Effective as an Individual
- Make progress on the most important things in your life: do it for 30 minutes each day. “Whatever it is, make it something that’s meaningful. Something that takes you away from the stress of your week, lets you live a little bit, and lets you enter the next week without feeling like life’s getting away from you. Don’t wait until life slows down to enjoy it. Enjoy it now.“
- Read Brain Rules if you give presentations. It will help you understand how to help your listeners retain what you are saying.
Categories: Industry Updates