The People Part of Enterprise Collaboration and Virtual Teams
- Ken has five tips for making in-person and virtual meetings more effective: (1) maintain focus, (2) don’t tell stories, (3) reveal what you know, (4) decide on the next actions and where each is at, and (5) allocate meeting roles before the meeting begins.
- For those living in Boston, Rick Brenner is presenting “Managing Virtual Teams for Real Results” on Tuesday February 26. “Attendees will learn to appreciate the true challenges of the dispersed environment. You’ll learn how the economics of the dispersed environment differ from the economics of the face-to-face environment, and how the picture conveyed by the organizational cost management system distorts our view of these differences. Most important, you’ll learn strategies and tactics for making the dispersed environment productive and effective.“
- Paul questions our continued reliance on face-to-face meetings. Key points: (a) we have exhausted the medium of face to face meetings, and (b) we are in the foothills in our knowledge of how to use online meetings.
The Technology Trends of Enterprise Collaboration and Virtual Teams
- Jive Clearspace has visualization tools to highlight cross-departmental collaboration.
- Gardere, a law firm, has deployed Recommind Decisiv Email for email analysis, categorization and collaboration. “Decisiv Email enables Gardere’s 1000 users, comprised of partners, associates, and paralegals in four offices and 40 areas of varying practices, to more efficiently and securely manage its unstructured email data. By proactively categorizing emails and utilizing an innovative single object storage infrastructure, Decisiv Email ensures efficient and intelligent organization of email and coupled attachments.“
Insights on Being Productive and Effective as an Individual
- Is it best to keep your GTD list in electronic or paper form, or both?
- Are you too busy to have perfect moments?
Categories: Industry Updates