The People Part of Enterprise Collaboration and Virtual Teams
- The implementation of collaboration tools into virtual team situations leads to a change in the way that team members communicate. “The results indicate that while there are fewer instances of communication among group members after the technology is implemented, communication becomes more centralized around the district manager. These results suggest that increased collaborative technologies result in an adjustment between explicit and tacit knowledge sharing, as the availability of a centralized and updateable database reduces workgroup communications.“
The Technology Trends of Enterprise Collaboration and Virtual Teams
- StoredIQ announced that its information management solution can use SharePoint as a repository. “With StoredIQ solutions, companies can move or copy content to and from SharePoint servers. This includes the ability to collect and preserve a variety of SharePoint attributes, including file path, location, status, version, title, author, keywords, dates, size and others. All copy and move actions can be executed recursively. Additionally, data accessed from SharePoint and other sources can be moved by StoredIQ solutions to a variety of storage retention systems, including EMC Centera, NetApp SnapLock, IBM, Permabit and Hitachi.“
- Enterprise 2.0 in 2008: more adoption, wikis will integrate with other enterprise tools, and greater integration with existing infrastructure.
- Permira, a private equity firm, is using video conferencing tools from Tandberg to enable communication and interaction between its virtual team members.
- MindTouch released an update to Deki Wiki, its wiki for the enterprise. New things: a scripting language, integration with Dapper.net, native support for Amazon S3, and more.
- TimeBridge is hosting a Webinar on time scheduling on January 11. Registration is required. “This webcast will give you an overview of TimeBridge from the perspectives of both the organizer and an attendee. You’ll learn how TimeBridge can integrate with your existing Outlook or Google Calendar, giving you full access to your existing schedule as you create new meeting invitations. Finally, you’ll learn how you can share your availability with others across companies, calendar systems, and time zones.“
Insights on Being Productive and Effective as an Individual
- Make the cleaning out of your email inbox a priority for the new year.
- Reasons why we procrastinate: we don’t think we can do the task, we don’t like the task, and there is too much time between completion and getting rewarded for doing it.
Other Noteworthy Insights
- The ModBook, a Mac-based tablet computer, is now available from Axiotron.
Categories: Industry Updates