Recent ideas in the “how to be productive and effective” camp:
- Fight back against work demands that eliminate time to think, time to make the best choices, and time to do your best work.
- Nicholas Bate has a new book coming in September: How to Sell Brilliantly in Good Times and Bad.
- At the end of exhausting projects are moments to savor and reflect, and then to re-engage with new ideas.
- Trying to do multiple things at once makes you dumber (by 10 points) and less productive (by 40%). Can you afford that hit? Peter took a one week “no multitasking” challenge, and discovered six things.
- Four ideas on staying flexbile during change, including (1) set short term goals, and (2) work in intense bursts of activity.
- John has ideas on getting more value out of busywork, including simplifying complex systems, reducing “keep you in the loop messages”, and more.
Categories: Culture & Competency